Sunday, June 10, 2012

Hauling Sunday LXXXII

Hi again! So how was everyone's week-end? In my opinion, it went by way too fast!! I don't want to go to work tomorrow, especially since it feels like my week-end has just started ^_^; I guess there's not much I can do about that though.

The good news though is I had fun buying books today!! Last week was "Buy 3, get the 4th free" at the bookstore and this week-end, it was a 25% off coupon... which when you think about it, it amounts to the same. Although I prefer to have 25% off because in it requires less calculations and juggling - finding 4 books of about the same price to maximize the $$ you save :P There were a few books that I wanted... and I added a few more, mostly because I've been such a good girl this year LOL.

Ready? Here we go!

In the mail:


Tangle of Need by Nalini Singh - This one goes without saying, right? :P

Dark Frost by Jennifer Estep - Third book in the Mythos Academy series already!! Woohoo. I really enjoy Ms Estep's writing and I'm so happy she's so prolific. I read the excerpt of Dark Frost and I'm really looking forward to it. It sounds really exciting and I think the story will really pick up in this one since Kiss of Frost was a transitional book.

***

Bought print: 





No One Left to Tell by Karen Rose - This was the book I wanted to get this week-end. I already have the UK hardcover version, but I wanted to support Ms Rose even more :) It was a really good book! Can't wait for the next installment!!

The Rake by Mary Jo Putney - Actually recently read this book (review to come), but it was not my copy. This book is a re-print and totally worth having in your collection if you're an avid historical romance reader... Hence why I bought it :)

Along Came a Duke by Elizabeth Boyle - This is the book I was debating to buy last week and decided to go with Chaos Burning by Lauren Dane instead. Well, I decided to get it this week :) It really sounds cute and I have heard a lot of good things about its hero :)

Jacked Up by Erin McCarthy - I was really planning to stay strong about this one... but I was at the bookstore and skimmed through it. I liked what I read, and with 25% off... As I said, I've been a good girl this year, so I can splurge!

Believe in Me by Laura Moore - Both Brie and Tabs really enjoy this author... It even features in Brie's list of favorite contemporary romance authors. I love contemporary and I have a feeling I've been missing out. So I wanted to rectify the situation.

Eloquent Silence by Sandra Brown - This book caught my eyes when I was looking for new releases online. I read Ms Brown's older books and have enjoyed them... Plus, I'm a fan of characters who are deaf for some reasons ^_^; Plus, this book was really cheap :)

Larkspur Road by Jill Gregory - This book was on my radar a couple of months ago, but I decided against buying back then because I have not read Ms Gregory before and well, too much small-town romances out there. The reasons have not changed, but there's just something about this book that attracts me to it... The cover is so soothing and the story sounds good. So I justified it with my "I've been a good girl" excuse LOL. I guess after this week-end, I cannot use that excuse anymore LOL.

***

Ebooks: 


Crazy People by Jennifer Crusie - This is a collection of short stories all related to Ms Crusie book, Crazy for You - one of my favorite :) If I'm not wrong, she wrote these for her master thesis. I knew it was in the work and I'm really happy to finally get my hands on it :) It was a fun read and the first one I've read on my iPad, making it unforgettable already LOL.


No Tan Lines by Kate Angell - As you all know by now, I enjoy Ms Angell's books and I was thrilled when I found out that she was having two releases this summer! Yay! This book sounds like the perfect beach read!

More Than a Stranger by Erin Knightley - Quite frankly, I wanted the printed copy of this book, but none of the bookstores have received it and you don't get much of a discount when you buy it online. Then, Ames pointed out that Books on Board had it for a really good price, so ebook it was :) More Than a Stranger sounds really interesting and I like New American Library imprint, it usually has refreshing historical romance :)

***

So this was my week-end :) That should be it till the end of the month :P What do you think? Any books you have read already?