Monday, August 18, 2008

Congratulations for Captain Canada!!!


I'd like to take a moment to congratulate Captain Canada, Ian Miller, for winning a silver medal along with teammates Eric Lamaze, Jill Henselwood and Mac Cone in team show jumping. They were riding respectively: In Style, Hickstead, Special Ed and Ole.

I have to say, Ian Miller has always been a sentimental favorite of mine. I'm always rooting for him and this Olympics Game was no different... and when I say always, I really mean it LOL :) Ian Miller is 61 years old and this is his 9th Olympics Games and this silver medal is his first Olympic medal. He has finally captured this elusive medal and this is just amazing!!

I just want to congratulate him for his perseverance and for always believing in his dreams and never giving up. I mean, it would have been so easy to just give up. He really showed to all the pessimists that he deserved his spot on the team Canada as the anchor rider. To anyone who says he should retire and give his place to younger riders, well in your face. He completely deserves to be on the team. To all those who says: "9th Olympics and this is his only medal," just try it out. He deserves our respect and that's why I hope he'll be our flag-bearer for the closing ceremony!!

Captain Canada, I hope to see you in 4 years in London 2012 :) This time, I wish for you you'll have your two children as teammates! :)