Friday, August 11, 2006

My book shelves :D

If you've read my earlier posts, you probably know that I'm tired and my brain is mushy. That means I probably won't start a new book tonight... so instead of writing a review or a "recent reads" I'll post some pics... of my books :D I just transferred them from my camera to my computer.

It's kind of crazy the amount of books I have and I'm sure it's pretty much the same for all of us, bookworms :P When you look at the shelves, it's deceptive. Anyway, I used to only have one bookshelve, but I needed another one... so my sister gave me hers (sometimes, she can be really sweet :)

So this is the sorting of the books:
















And this is once it's all in order and nicely shelved:




















So, basically, I have a shelf for my hardcovers, an unit for my paperbacks and smaller unit for my manga. Now, this was back in January... ^^; Oh, by the way, in the pics, my paperbacks' unit... that's double-stacked (i.e. that there's a layer of books behind what you see) and now, I'm at triple-stacking my books. By a quick count, I can say that I've acquired 7 new hardcovers, close to a 100 (yes, a 100... I can't believe it either) paperbacks and I can't keep track of the mangas... Amazing. Frightening.

I kind of understand why my mom thinks that I buy too much books... Anyway, I should start looking for a new shelving unit... and place to put it in my room. My dad told me to put some of my books in the basement... but at the thought of my books in the basement, where it's cold, humid and dark... my poor books!


So that's it for today :D