Tuesday, August 29, 2006

August TBR challenge - I'm quite desperate

August TBR challenge was a non-romance.

why the heck did a sign up for this, since I'm an almost-romance-only reader?!?!

Okay... end of the month is in what? 2 more days? Yep... so here is my TBR challenge and I was quite desperate :P (do re-read counts? cos if not, i'm doomed as this one is a re-read...) So, I haven't really read any books that are not romance this month ^^; Angie did recommend to read fantasy or sci-fi and I thought, ah well I'll do that. But I didn't have time too... however, I did read a manga :D So instead of a novel, my TBR challenge is a manga - hope it counts/work


Title: Slam Dunk
Author: Takehiko Inoue
Year published: from 1993 - 1997 in Japan in the Weekly Jump. The original edition is 31 volumes long while the re-edition is 24 volumes long.

Why did you get this book? A friend lent me the series and I fell in love with it.

Do you like the cover? They are 31 covers, some are nicer than others, but I like them all. As the story progresses, the art also improves and so the covers are nicer-looking. The good thing tho is that all the covers have something to do with the story since it's the author who draws them. You don't go, huh? :P I'll post later some of my fav. covers.

Did you enjoy the book? Oh, immensely. It ranks as one of my fav. manga :) The story was good and most important in this case, believable. The art is attractive, the characters are well defined and they stay in characters :) You can't help but like it. The games are entertaining and you really want to know what happens next. It's really a good manga with a good storyline.

Was the author new to you and would you read something by this author again? The author was new to me... and I'd read if he did a sequel. He did draw some other mangas since Slam Dunk, but I didn't get the chance to read them yet. But I'll read this author again.

Are you keeping it or passing it on? I'm willing to buy 31 volumes... You bet I keep :)

Anything else? Well, there's been a rumor that the author might write a sequel once he's done with his current work. I really really really hope so :) Anyone who is a sport manga fan, you must read Slam Dunk if you hadn't yet.

French edition by Mangakana and English edition by ... I'm not sure, sorreh. (but scanslations are available)